Monday 6 August 2012

MEMEME: If you really knew me...

I've seen this post floating around the blogosphere (I love that word!), and when Dani at Sometimes Sweet (my favourite blog ever!) blogged it I knew I had to join in.

If you really knew me...

...you'd know that I'm less of a music snob than I used to be! I used to listen exclusively to hardcore / metalcore / emocore (basically anything *core!) but now I love running to hip hop and rap, relaxing to emo or Lana del Rey, and singing along to Rihanna! My playlists are pretty eclectic but I like it that way :)

...you'd know I like animals more than people.  I love my two cats so much my friends accuse me of being a crazy cat lady.  Whenever I go past someone walking their dogs I have to go 'awww!' over their animals.  And don't get me started on horses! 

...you'd know that I'm stronger than I seem.  I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, stress, psychosis, social anxiety, SI and suicidal tendencies, disordered eating, slight OCD-like compulsions ... I've been on so many medications ... and I still manage to keep my head up high and keep going.  I know that everyone has their own cross to bear, and this is mine, and I don't let my disorders define me anymore.

...you'd know I used to be a total Lord of the Rings nutcase when the films came out! I could still probably quote the Silmarillion on request...

...you'd know that I'm always looking for the next new thing.  Whether it's fashion, jobs, hair, place of residence ... I'll be constantly planning for What's Next.  Turning down a job offer in Brisbane about 6 months ago (my dream city) made me realise that I think I need to spend more time on the present because maybe it's not so bad after all!

....you'd know that I'm a total mix of geek and chic - I love fashion and all that 'shallow' stuff, yet I work in a lab and heart off Game of Thrones. 

...you'd know that I definitely had my 'wild time'.  I can't and don't want to speak of most of the things I did between the ages of 19-21, but they definitely give me stuff to look back on and laugh.  I'm much calmer now and have many great memories and stories that start "remember when..."

...you'd know that I could probably eat my entire weight in chocolate.  In one sitting.  Om nom nom....


Your turn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...