Friday 31 August 2012

REVIEW: Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint

I've mentioned my love for this product before I know, but I thought it deserved a more in depth review :)  I lived on free samples of this foundation/tinted moisturiser for a while, and was so impressed with it I decided to buy the full size version.  I couldn't believe my luck actually - I was going to buy the 'Liz Earle trio' (Cleanse and Polish, Skin Tonic and Skin Repair moisturiser) and the Sheer Skin Tint anyway, so guess what the August bundle was? All four products for just £41 (worth over £66)!! I snapped that bad boy up on the first day of the deal ;)  The deal ends on 5th September so what are you waiting for? Go go go!!

Liz Earle describes this product as:


"The perfect way to enhance your skin. Our rich and creamy, yet lightweight formula leaves all skin types looking naturally dewy, even and radiant. With mineral UV protection SPF15, it’s enriched with our own blend of natural source vitamin E, borage and avocado, specially selected to work in harmony with our skincare range."


Me with no makeup on *gulp* I'm still recovering from being ill so be nice!

 Me with just Sheer Skin tint on my skin, and a tiny bit of mascara and Korres tinted lip balm.


Full face on - over Sheer Skin Tint is No7 pressed powder (now discontinued), No7 Natural Blush Cheek Colour, Bare Minerals Pure Radiance to subtly highlight,  Eyes - MAC Paint Pot in Vintage Selection (LE), L'oreal Carbon Gloss liquid liner, Lips - Chanel lipstick in Rouge Orage
I'm in two minds about this product, but generally I really really like it.  Most foundations aggravate my uber sensitive skin, but this in fact seems to soothe it!  A lot of makeup also seems to break me out at the moment, but Sheer Skin Tint makes my spots disappear... I kid you not!! On the rare occasions my rosacea flares up, this foundation clears it up.  So it's kind of a win/win for me.  
I have quite dry skin so I'm sold on anything that makes my complexion dewy and glowy.  If you prefer a matte finish, this foundation is not for you.  Sometimes I feel like this product makes me almost too shiny, so beware.  Of course, you can just set it with a matte powder and then you're fine, which I sometimes do.  For daytime wear, when I like having light coverage and radiant skin, this product is perfect for me.
So why am I in two minds about it? It is really really REALLY light coverage! I have quite dark shadows under my eyes, and the sides of my nose are red thanks to broken capillaries, but that's pretty much all that's wrong with my skin - I'm lucky not to have any scarring, and I don't break out that often.  Even for the sides of my nose and under my eyes, though, I find myself reaching for my concealer to mix with the Skin Tint (is it kosher to mix concealer and foundation?! Please tell me if this is taboo!) for better coverage.  
So yeah, I would prefer something with slightly more coverage, but as this is marketed more as a tinted moisturiser than a heavy duty foundation I can't really complain!  I do love the fact that it seems to be good for my skin and calms it down rather than being irritating or making me break out (this may not be the case for other people though so always patch test!).  It's a total "my skin but better" product, giving me a radiant and evened-out complexion, but don't buy it if you want/need better coverage :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...